Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Write-to-Publish 2011

    Exhausted, yet exhilarated is how I usually feel after a writers' conference. Being an introvert, four days of interaction, even with fellow writers, leaves me a little depleted. But, I love learning, especially about writing and the publishing industry. Over 200 conferees met at the Billy Graham Center on the Wheaton College Campus. Dr. Dennis Hensley was the keynoter and Robin Jones Gunn spoke during the evening sessions. The week ended with a banquet as Tim Shoemaker, a WTP alum, inspired us with his writing journey.
   
    I also want to send out a BIG CONGRATS to Pam Meyers, a friend and colleague, who signed her first book contract during WTP with OakTara. Her book is called, Thyme for Love, a romance with a twist of mystery. Pam serves as President of the Northwest Chicago Chapter of the American Christian Fiction Writers.

   Here are a few scenes from WTP. I have to admit, sometimes I became so engrossed in conversation I forgot the camera was in my bag!



Cleo and Millie chat about writing.

                                           




Conferees lined up to sign up for appointments.
                                                    
                                           




Cynthia Ruchti, former President of ACFW
                                       



I also chatted with Carla Williams of WinePress.







Joyce K. Ellis, Assistant Director
 
Jane Rubietta, Assistant Director and Lin Johnson, Director and me holding the chocolate.






The class I teach, Getting the Most from the Conference



    

3 comments:

  1. WHAT a FUN WTP report and photos! And hey, I'm an extrovert (mostly), but I always feel depleted after confs too, even as I feel "full and running over". . . BUT where's the photo of you and me?? Didn't you get one?? (I honestly can't recall -- my life is in in such a swirl). May God continue to bless our writing and sharing -- as I'm sure He will, according to His grace. . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could have been there. I would have loved to have been able to congrat Pam in person. So glad you had a good time, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So glad you had a good time. Making those connections is crucial. Miss you, Millie!

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.