Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stretching Time

            
            Thursday and Friday of this week my husband and I will attend the Global Leadership Summit at Willow Creek Community Church, (home base for us) in South Barrington, Illinois.
 The Summit is two days we look forward to every year. It is a gathering of about 8,000 people on the church campus with 185 satellite locations across the country. It is called global because later this year the video of the event will be translated and shown in countries around the world. Those attending are church and corporate leaders and people like me, who may not lead a company or a church, but who want to make a positive difference in others.
            Speakers this year include: Seth Godin, author and renowned marketing blogger; Mama Maggie Gobran, Founder and CEO of Stephens Children Ministry and a 2011 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee; Henry Cloud, Clinical Psychologist and author, among others.
As a writer I ask God to show me how He can use my words to influence others. It is also a time for me to stretch my mind and be challenged to think about new ways in which God can use my abilities in the world where I live, and in places I haven’t even considered.
            I’M PUMPED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.