Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year, New Opportunities

            I like to think of a new year as a time to make a fresh start. I have a friend who doesn’t believe in making resolutions, because she believes it can discourage us if we don’t follow through. I don’t know if I call them resolutions, but I like to have goals of ways I hope to improve in the coming year.
            2012 writing goals: 
            -To hone my writing skills.
            -To explore and understand where I should concentrate my efforts: fiction, nonfiction or blogging, etc.
            -To not live according to other people's expectations of me. Although, I do want to listen to the advice of other writers, I need to make my own decisions when I am ready to move into a new area.

          2012 Personal/Spiritual Goals:
            -To increase my time I spend alone with God and the time I spend praying for others.
            -To read God’s Word deeply. Also, I want to memorize scripture. I am glad as a younger person I memorized many scripture verses, was a member of a Bible Quiz Team and a coach of a junior high team. I thank God for the love of His Word that was instilled in me at an early age.
Well, I don’t want to bore you because there are many similar posts out there at this time of the year. But, I wanted to write them down, because goals written down are more easily reached.
            Have a great 2012.
            What are your goals for the new year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.