Friday, June 22, 2012

I Miss the Daily Walks



            I know we are told to not write about ourselves, but for our reader. But, today I am going to write a short update about my physical condition that some of you have been asking about.

            Many of you who attended the Write-to-Publish Conference this year (May 30-June 2) saw me hobbling around with a cane. I thought maybe I had possibly pulled a muscle, and it would eventually work itself out. But, I am not so fortunate. I still have my cane because after an MRI, I found out that I have some disk degeneration in my lower back. It isn’t so bad when I sit at my computer (which every writer should be glad about), but when I walk it is very painful, thus the cane. I also have trouble sleeping at night.

            What is ahead I don’t completely know. Visiting a pain relief center will be soon, but the future has yet to be determined. Until I know, I will be writing and blogging. The one thing I miss is my daily walk where I formed the ideas for my articles, blogs and devotionals.
             If you think of me, I would appreciate a prayer.




6 comments:

  1. I will pray for you, Tammie.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammie, I'm not sure who says not to write about ourselves, but I disagree. How else can we share our stories and get to know each other?
    I am sorry to hear about your disk degeneration. Back pain is awful. Saying prayers and wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan for the comment. I guess that is true about getting to know each other. Thanks for the prayers.

      Delete
  3. Tammie, of course I will be praying for my you, my new friend. I agree with Susan; writing about ourselves and our stories is one way of reaching out to others~ Maybe they can identify with your pain. Don't ever hesitate to reach out to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary for the insight and prayers. I hope things are well with you.

      Delete

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.