Friday, June 8, 2012

Rest


He gives strength to the weary and increases the
power of the weak.
Isaiah 40:29



            Last week I attended the Write-to-Publish Christian Writer’s Conference in Wheaton, Illinois, and was thinking about all the subjects I would like to blog about to encourage others to write or blog. But, today I hit a wall and realize I need to take a deep breath.

            I experienced four intensive days of classes, meeting new writers, hearing about new markets, and inventive ways to connect with readers. Once home, I began connecting online with those I had met. Even though the conference was wonderful and one of the best I have attended, I feel weary.

I will take the advice of many of last week’s speakers who told us to take a little break after we return home. I will not take a long one, but a day or two.

Next Friday we will chat about platform and in a couple of weeks I will give away a copy of Michael Hyatt's new book, Platform, Get Noticed in a Noisy World.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.