Saturday, December 1, 2012

Daily Guideposts






I interviewed a devotional writer on my last blog post, and since we are nearing the end of 2012 and looking forward to 2013 I thought some recommendations of daily devotional books might be in order. Over the next few weeks, I will share with you some of my favorite devotional books I have either used or would like to explore. Daily Guideposts is the first selection.



I have been reading Daily Guideposts for many years, but not on a regular basis. It is a daily devotional book written by over fifty various writers, some have written for the book for many years. Last year the publication celebrated thirty-five years.

Each day features an anecdote from one of the writer’s lives which they use to share a truth from the Bible. The devotional ends with a prayer and additional verses to dig deeper into Scripture. Some of the writers have written a special series of devotionals which might span a week or so with a continuing theme. Some of the series subjects this year are “Operation Thankfulness”; “A Mother’s Journey Through Grief”; and “Divine Abundance."

At the back of each book are pictures and bios of the writers, which I always find fun to read.

Above today's blog is a picture of the 2013 book and also a link which will give you further information.


Next week we’ll look at another devotional to assist you in your spiritual journey.



HAVE ANY OF YOU USED DAILY GUIDEPOSTS AND WANT TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE? PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ANY DEVOTIONAL BOOKS WHICH HAVE BLESSED YOU.




1 comment:

  1. Daily Guideposts is always my favorite. I also enjoy The Upper Room and Our Daily Bread.

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.