Saturday, February 16, 2013

I'm Sold on the Kindle



   About a year ago, I downloaded the free Kindle app to my personal computer. I wasn’t sold on e-books and didn’t know how much I would use it. In fact, I wrote an earlier post on my uncertainty about e-books, which generated some discussion.

  To my surprise, I have been using the Kindle more than I imagined. I also find that I read faster.

  A few months ago, I started using a smartphone, in which I also downloaded the Kindle app. I didn’t think I would use it much because of the size, but I do. I can enlarge the type enough to make it comfortably readable and I use it at home, even though I have my PC available.

  In a few days, I am going to use some gift cards I have and purchase a Kindle Fire. I’ll let you know in a future post how I like it.

Do you have an e-reader? How has it worked for you? Let me know what you think, especially if you have a Kindle Fire.


2 comments:

  1. I have a Kindle--one of the first ones out. I thought it would take me forever to get used to it, but by the time I finished the first book, it had me. I still love to hold a book, smell a book, and am thrilled when my own come out in print, but I'd just as soon read on the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.