Friday, April 5, 2013

WildFire Marketing and Book Marketing Boot Camp


I welcome Rob Eagar, founder of WildFire Marketing and author of Sell Your Book Like Wildfire. He has graciously answered a few questions about his firm and how he helps writers promote their work. He also explains about the “Book Marketing Boot Camp” he will be teaching at the Write-to-Publish Conference, June 5-8.





What is “WildFire Marketing”?

WildFire Marketing is a consulting practice that I founded to help authors, publishers, and non-profit organizations spread their message like wildfire. I've trained over 400 authors at all levels, consulted with numerous publishers, and worked with well-known non-profits across America. I'm also author of the book, "Sell Your Book Like Wildfire," which was recently published by Writer's Digest and considered the bible of book marketing. http://www.amazon.com/Sell-Your-Book-Like-Wildfire/dp/159963421X





What is the most important thing you do for authors?

All authors have the same goal, which is to sell more books.As a consultant, I teach my clients how to reach a larger audience and dramatically increase their book sales. For example, I've helped my clients produce seven New York Times bestsellers in the past two years (both fiction and non-fiction). For case studies, testimonials, and over 25 free articles, visit my website at: www.startawildfire.com




What is the one piece of advice you would give to writers who haven’t yet published a book, to prepare themselves, for when they become published authors and are ready to work with Wildfire Marketing?

All readers purchase books according to the primary question, "What's in it for me?" Readers aren't concerned with what your book is about. Instead, they want to know how your book will make their life better through information, entertainment, or inspiration. Therefore, your marketing materials (book cover copy, websites, newsletters, social media, etc.) must answer the reader's ultimate question, "What's in it for me?" Otherwise, people won't see the need to buy your book. And, if you write fiction, remember that logic makes people think, but emotion makes people act (buy). So, the key to marketing fiction is to describe how the reader will feel, rather than just describing the plot.




At the Write-to-Publish Conference, June 5-8, you will be teaching a continuing class you call “Book Marketing Boot Camp.” Please give us a quick overview and the most important take-away you will have for those in the class.

I'm really excited about the Book Marketing Boot Camp, because it will be most intensive instruction I've ever offered at such a low price point. Plus, there won't be a bunch of boring lectures. Instead, I'll conduct a total of 8 hours of training over 4 days. In the mornings, I'll teach one-hour sessions on how to master critical marketing concepts, such as branding, author websites, social media, word of mouth, etc.  In the afternoons, I'll walk attendees through one-hour, hands-on exercises to help them complete important marketing tasks. Authors who attend my Book Marketing Boot Camp will leave the conference having already made significant progress towards increasing their book sales!  And, it's only $149, which is a huge bargain.


5 comments:

  1. WOW! This sounds amazing -- I might have to attend WTP afterall -- I remember looking WF up, but had decided I probably didn't want to pay their fee -- this way I can get his info and help AND enjoy the inspiration of WTP. . . hmm. . . kind of exciting. . . almost makes me wish I was in my 50's instead of my 70's. . . reconsidering. . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing you at WTP, Millie.

      Delete
    2. Finalized staying at the Holiday Inn there yesterday. Now that Dave's retired, he's coming along -- he'll drop me off in the mornings and pick me up at night (or whenever I call). This will be a first -- we'll see how it works. He enjoys hotel stays, and driving around and "doing things" on his own. See you at WTP! I've been telling my writing partners about this freelance marketing track -- here and in Chesterton. Maybe some of them will come now too. . . :-)

      Delete
  2. There is so much to do now with pub'ing a book. I know I am overwhelmed with a full time job, several books already out, more looking for contracts and trying to find time to write. I almost feel like there's no point because I just can't do EVERYTHING. I try not to get discouraged or overwhelmed, but it's tough. Wish I had an op to be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean, Teresa. We need to encourage each other. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I remember our enjoyable lunch at ACFW.

      Delete

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.