Friday, November 22, 2013

Keep Track


 

                                                                                                  
I stated, a few weeks ago, that disorganization is one thing that “kills” my writing. So, I wanted to share something I have been using that gives me some control in my chaos. I have started recording my daily writing activities in a diary.
Inspired by my mother, who has kept a diary for over 35 years, I felt it would help me to have a grasp on where I was headed, by what I accomplished.
 
I use an inexpensive spiral notebook, noting the month and day and then recording my completed tasks for the day: worked on my novel, roughed out idea for devotional, my social media activity, etc. I don’t always use a page per day, but just enough room to record the day’s activities.
 
I hesitated even mentioning this, it seemed like such a small thing, but it has given me a handle on my writing life. It even encourages me when I look back and see what I have accomplished. In my life, if something isn’t written down, it doesn’t happen, or in this case, it is not remembered.
 
 
How about you? Do you use some type of diary or logbook?     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.