Friday, May 2, 2014

Write-to-Publish Faculty: Susan Baganz from Prism Book Group



Give us a snapshot of the company you represent.
Prism Book Group originally opened as a small e-book publisher in the Fall 2011 under the name Inspired Romance Novels. After a great first year publishing sweet and inspirational romance, Inspired Romance Novels became Prism Book Group.
Prism Book Group is an independent publisher that pays royalties and does not charge fees to authors. The Inspired imprint is part of the ACFW approved publishers.
Our primary goal at Prism Book Group is to provide readers with books that inspire—healing, hope, and happiness. Books that will make you laugh, make you cry, make you sigh.
Prism Book Group is owned by Joan Alley. Prior to opening Prism Book Group, Joan spent eight years in the romance publishing field as both an author and editor. Personal growth inspired Joan to step away from her established career and seek a new path. Her wealth of experience backs her newfound dedication to promote stories that focus on moving readers, heart and soul.

How can a person best prepare for an appointment with you?

Love your story and believe in it. We used to be open to any submissions but now we are closed and this is your one shot for me to consider taking a look at your story. You don’t have to be perfect. Take a deep breath. I’m human and don’t bite. The best pitch I ever received at a conference was a gal who told me her story as if she was telling me about something that happened to her best friend.  I was beginning to think it really happened. She’s got her second book coming out this summer with us.


What type of writer are you hoping to meet with at the conference?

You can come and meet with me even if you don’t have a book you are ready to pitch. If you have questions about writing, or editing or following your calling as a writer, I would love to talk and pray with you. We are also raising the bar with our expectations for marketing. While we will help, we want to know you believe in your book enough to do what it takes to help it do well. Let me see that you blog and are involved in social networking of some kind.


Anything you would like to add about or specific needs?

I love romance and that’s all I contract. I would especially love to see some great Regencies and romantic comedies. But historical, contemporary and romantic suspense are also welcome. Give me a great story with a happily-ever-after and I’ll be tickled raspberry.


Our web site is www.prismbookgroup.com
My personal website is www.susanbaganz.com and I can be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sbaganz and my fan page at www.facebook.com/susanmbaganz and on twitter @susanbaganz.




6 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me here, Tammy! So looking forward to the fun and adventure of Write to Publish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being on, Susan. Looking forward to it, too.

      Delete
  2. Great interview, Susan is awesome and so is Prism Book Group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and visiting, Mary.

      Delete
  3. Tammie, love that you interviewed Susan! Great job! Loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Peggy. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.