Saturday, January 31, 2015

Listen to a Webinar on a Snowy Day


As I rewrite my novel during these winter days, I am tempted by so many wonderful opportunities to learn. Not always about my novel, but by the information I can gleam from free webinars. One day last week I could have listened to three, each an hour long, although I chose to pass on one.

Even though some webinars end up being a sales pitch, I learn something from most of them and I don’t have to buy anything. I have, on occasion, purchased some great resources, and I have bought a few things I wish I hadn’t. But, overall, I find them to be a great source of information. Usually those giving the webinars do require you to subscribe to their email list, but you can always unsubscribe later.

If you wonder where you can find free webinars, look at the organizations of which you are a member. I belong to ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) and they usually host one monthly. I started listening to various webinars by subscribing to many blogs. If you do this, it won’t be long until you will have ample opportunities. I also belong to some sites, where I do pay a monthly membership and they have weekly or monthly webinars. They also record all of them, so I can listen at my at my leisure.





How about you?
Do you take advantage of webinars?
If not, what other forms of continuing education do you use?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tammie. I enjoyed reading your website and will be praying for you as you head to the Writer's Conference. I plan to be in Springfield, MO in April for my son's senior art show and May for his graduation. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy it and thanks for the prayers. Enjoy the time in Springfield; can't believe he is graduating.

      Delete
  2. I do find webinars helpful and informative when I can find the time to listen to them, but I don't listen often because of the time factor. I do listen to TED talks from time to time, but I don't know whether or not those count as webinars. Happy February! We're experiencing a blizzard in Chicagoland, here on Feb. 1st!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TED talks always very interesting, or the ones I have heard. Happy February to you, Kathy. I too am in Chicagoland and am experiencing the blizzard, also.

      Delete

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.