Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Write-to-Publish Faculty Interview: Steve Laube of Steve Laube Agency, Enclave Publishing & Advanced Career Track Instructor

Tell us briefly about the Steve Laube Agency.

The Steve Laube Agency has been in business for over 12 years. There are four of us who represent nearly 250 clients. We represent a wide variety of books, everything from the sweet romance to systematic theology. We are a Christian organization and we work with books and authors who come from a Christian perspective. 


Can you share a little about what you will be teaching in your Advanced Career Track Continuing Class?

The title of our continuing class is "Making a Living as a Writer." A loaded topic to be sure! Making a career as a writer comes in many flavors. Much depends on the writer's personal circumstances, i.e. whether they are a full-time writer or are the main source of income for their family. Hopefully we can explore a multitude of options and opportunities to expand the work of a professional writer.


Tell us about Enclave Publishing?

I need to make sure everyone understands that Enclave is not synonymous with my work as an agent. Enclave is a separate entity and I oversee its acquisitions and set the vision for its future. My main job is the head of The Steve Laube Agency. But my love for science fiction and fantasy has been a part of me for as long as I can remember. Now I am using my efforts to make those books reflect the excellence in storytelling, from a Christian perspective, that has long been the bastion of the general market. Enclave is currently publishing 12 titles per year and I am constantly on the lookout for the next best storytellers!


Read more about Steve Laube Agency and 

Enclave Publishing.



Write-to-Publish meets June 8 – 11
in the Chicago area.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.