Sunday, May 7, 2017

Write-to-Publish Faculty Interview: Karen Neumair, Agent, Credo Communications



Tell us about Credo Communications.


Credo Communications LLC represents some of the leading Christian thinkers and writers today. Having worked on both sides of the publisher’s desk, we know how to advocate for veteran voices with fresh ideas. We dream together, and when we have the concept solidly in focus, we take those ideas to the right publishing partner. After the proposal gets accepted, we become advocates and cheerleaders every step of the way. We are currently acquiring fiction, nonfiction, and children’s books for the Christian marketplace (CBA). We are not acquiring cookbooks, anthologies or essay collections, gift books, graphic novels, poetry, or screenplays.



Who do you hope to meet with during appointments?

I personally represent nonfiction only, particularly Christian Living/Spiritual Growth, Contemporary Issues, Family/Parenting, Inspirational, Marriage, women’s interests, etc, but very little memoir/personal narrative and only a few devotionals. These are my areas of expertise so I prefer to meet with authors writing in these categories. I can meet with fiction and children’s authors as needed, but I will likely put them in touch with one of my colleagues as a follow up.


How can a writer best prepare for an appointment with you?


I always appreciate a good One-Sheet, but in general, I would like to meet with authors who are prepared to give me a brief introduction to the book concept focusing especially on the felt need of the project (if nonfiction), along with information about themselves and their platform. I would not like to receive any hard copies of the book proposal; that can be sent by email as a follow up.



Read more about Credo Communications.

Write-to-Publish meets June 14-17
in the Chicago area.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I have gone to moderated comments. Your comment will be read as soon as possible. Thank you for commenting.